University staff should use their University procard for purchases at the University Barnes & Noble Bookstore. Therefore, if the item needs to be returned the bookstore can issue a credit back to the department via the procard. A reimbursement not purchased with a procard will not be reimbursed for sales tax.
Items purchased at the UConn Barnes & Noble Bookstore with State or Federal monies must have a legitimate business reason.
|Examples of items which will not be allowed are:
- Clothing including Sneakers
- Decorative items such as: balloons, streamers, decals, candles, pictures, Holiday anything including cards.
- Greeting cards, wrapping paper, ribbon/bows, gift bags
- Gift cards/certificates without justification – State monies should not be used for employee gifts.
- Gift items such as: mugs, keychains, magnets, wallets, photo books, clocks, license plate holders, blankets, umbrellas, UConn bears, mini footballs/basketballs, Frisbees, etc.
- I-PODS – Any electronic devices should have clear justification to ensure they are for state purposes & not gifts or for personal use.
- Lamps & Light Bulbs
- Miscellaneous items such as: Lip balm, hand salve, lotion, kitchen & bathroom wipes, candy of any kind unless a specific reason is given.
- Office Equipment & Supplies including Surge Protectors
- Photographic Equipment & Supplies
- Printing – NO printing
- Retirement gifts not allowed with state monies including Captain’s Chairs.