The University requires faculty, staff and students to utilize the options in University Business Services (UBS) to procure purchases of allowable goods and services for official University use. Below are examples of the options available through UBS:
- Purchase Orders or Disbursement Vouchers
- Procurement Card (PCard)
- Travel (T&E) Cards while in travel status
For any purchases made outside of the payment options listed above UConn will only reimburse/approve the following:
- Business meals purchased locally in compliance with the Travel and Entertainment Policy
- Registration for conferences, including virtual conferences
- Emergency purchases where normal procurement options were not available.
- Documentation on why normal procurement options were not available must be provided.
- Subject to final review and approval by Accounts Payable.
Reimbursements submitted later than 60 days after the transaction date of the expense will be paid only at the discretion of the appropriate Department Head, Director, or Dean, subject to final review and approval by Accounts Payable. In no event will reimbursements submitted later than 120 days after the transaction date be reimbursed, even with approval from the appropriate Department Head, Director, or Dean. Requests for reimbursements can only be processed through Concur. Employees are highly encouraged to contact purchasing prior to expending personal funds.